About Me

I always enjoyed collecting recipes but never quite liked the idea of cooking on a daily basis. However things changed when my daughter was born 9 years ago. I was very keen on introducing her to healthy, wholesome yet delicious food. Thus began my journey to hunt and create recipes that were kid friendly.Having a hotel management degree did come quite handy. This collection of recipes will have absolutely minimal use of refined ingredients. I am constantly experimenting to substitute 'white' and processed products with wholegrain. I hope you will join me in this endeavor to ensure that our kids eat 'Healthy'.

Thursday 10 May 2012

Almond Pista Whole Wheat Cookies


These cookies are healthy, whole some and yummy and can be made in a jiffy. The only time consuming factor is chopping the nuts. I tried a recipe I found for whole wheat almond cookies on a few blogs and added some pistachio also to it.  The result is amazing. The first batch turned soft after the second day. I made it thinner the next time and it remained crunchy for a few days.

My daughter says its more tasty that the cookie that comes in a packet from the store. Yippee yay !!! Mission accomplished ...... happy child...happy mom - cookies with no refined flour, refined sugar or artificial flavoring and coloring.

Almond Pista Whole Wheat Cookies
Makes 12 pieces


Whole wheat flour: 1 cup
Unrefined Sugar: 1/2 cup
Chopped nuts ( almonds, pistachio): 1/4 cup
Green Cardamom powder: 1 heaped tsp
Salt: a small pinch
Butter unsalted: 1/2 cup
Milk: 1-2 tbsp

  • Pre-heat oven to 170 C
  • Mix all the dry ingredients in  a bowl and add melted butter to it. Mix it all together and add milk just enough to knead it. 
  • Make small balls and flatten it thin with your fingers. 
  • Place it on a greased baking tray and bake for 14-16 mins.
PS: Keep an eye on the cookies or they will get burnt. It gets crisp and crunchy when it cools.
They can keep for 3-4 days in an air- tight container (but I doubt you will have any cookies left to store)

Tip: Chop a tin full of nuts in the fridge and bake these cookies any time you want in just 20 minutes. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tushima, What a perfect way to ensure that children eat healthy! Great photos and wonderful presentation.Padmini

    ReplyDelete