About Me

I always enjoyed collecting recipes but never quite liked the idea of cooking on a daily basis. However things changed when my daughter was born 9 years ago. I was very keen on introducing her to healthy, wholesome yet delicious food. Thus began my journey to hunt and create recipes that were kid friendly.Having a hotel management degree did come quite handy. This collection of recipes will have absolutely minimal use of refined ingredients. I am constantly experimenting to substitute 'white' and processed products with wholegrain. I hope you will join me in this endeavor to ensure that our kids eat 'Healthy'.

Monday 14 November 2011

Whole wheat Banana Pancakes


I try to make every meal as wholesome, nourishing and kid friendly as possible. So the recipe has been tweeked a little bit. This is one of Ovie's favorite recipes....my mother says it used to be my favorite too as a child (I can eat half a dozen of these even now  !!!).





Makes: 6 mini pancakes

 Ripe banana: 1 big
 Whole wheat flour: 1 Tbsp
 Oats: 1 Tbsp
 Rice flour: 1 Tbsp
 Milk: 1/2 cup
 Jaggery: 1 1/2 Tbsp (you can substitute with honey, maple syrup, sugar)
 Cardamom Powder: 1/2 tsp

1. Add all the ingredients into a blender and make a smooth thick batter.
2. Heat a non-stick flat pan and grease it with butter or ghee.
3. Pour a ladle of batter and spread it thick ( just like pancakes). Cook it on low heat.
4. Turn it over when brown on one side and cook both sides.
5. Press down the pancakes with a spatula to make sure it cooked on the inside as well.
6. Serve it with Honey / Jam / Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment