About Me

I always enjoyed collecting recipes but never quite liked the idea of cooking on a daily basis. However things changed when my daughter was born 9 years ago. I was very keen on introducing her to healthy, wholesome yet delicious food. Thus began my journey to hunt and create recipes that were kid friendly.Having a hotel management degree did come quite handy. This collection of recipes will have absolutely minimal use of refined ingredients. I am constantly experimenting to substitute 'white' and processed products with wholegrain. I hope you will join me in this endeavor to ensure that our kids eat 'Healthy'.

Friday 3 February 2012

Oats Choco Smoothie

I had been wondering for a while now on how to make a milkshake more wholesome. Then I saw a recipe on a food channel and tried it on Ovie. She loved it and is now a popular drink before playground time.

Oats Choco Smoothie


Ingredients:
Milk: 1 glass
Quick cooking Oats: 2 tbsp
Chocolate syrup: 2 tbsp (I used Hershey's)+ more for decoration

1. Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
2. Dribble some chocolate syrup on the inner side of the glass to form a pattern and pour the smoothie into it.
3. Serve it chilled or at room temperature with a straw.

No comments:

Post a Comment