About Me

I always enjoyed collecting recipes but never quite liked the idea of cooking on a daily basis. However things changed when my daughter was born 9 years ago. I was very keen on introducing her to healthy, wholesome yet delicious food. Thus began my journey to hunt and create recipes that were kid friendly.Having a hotel management degree did come quite handy. This collection of recipes will have absolutely minimal use of refined ingredients. I am constantly experimenting to substitute 'white' and processed products with wholegrain. I hope you will join me in this endeavor to ensure that our kids eat 'Healthy'.

Friday 2 March 2012

Going Organic.........

I am trying to switch to organically produced fruits, vegetables and groceries. But I do realize that its not going to be easy to find everything organic here in Mumbai. I recently found an Organic farmer's market in the city and was amazed to see the freshness and quality of vegetables and fruits. My daughter loves going there every Sunday and its become a family ritual now. The produce is sweeter and tastier than its pesticide filled counterpart! The only downside is that you are limited for options and will find only those fruits and veggies that are in season. And of course it goes without saying Organic produce is more expensive but what is the price for 'Healthy eating'?

No comments:

Post a Comment