About Me

I always enjoyed collecting recipes but never quite liked the idea of cooking on a daily basis. However things changed when my daughter was born 9 years ago. I was very keen on introducing her to healthy, wholesome yet delicious food. Thus began my journey to hunt and create recipes that were kid friendly.Having a hotel management degree did come quite handy. This collection of recipes will have absolutely minimal use of refined ingredients. I am constantly experimenting to substitute 'white' and processed products with wholegrain. I hope you will join me in this endeavor to ensure that our kids eat 'Healthy'.

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Quick Veggie Cheese Sandwich


Yesterday was one of those days when Ovie just refused to eat fruit for an evening snack. I had to make something quickly as she did'nt want to miss on her 'playground time' . I made her this ultra easy hot sandwich which is also full of nutrients and quite filling.

Veggie Cheese Sandwich


Wholewheat / Multigrain Bread: 4 slices
Cheese Slice: 2
Tomato: 8 thin slices
Cucumber: 8 thin slices
Onion: 1/2
Lettuce leaves: 4
Butter
Salt & Black Pepper Powder: to taste

1. Slice onion into thin roundels and grill on a pan.
2. Butter 1 side of each bread slice.
3. Layer all the ingredients on 2 slices of bread on the unbuttered side. Season with salt and pepper powder. Cover with the other slices, buttered side on the outside.
4. Grill them in a toaster or place them on a hot pan and toast. Press down with a spatula and repeat on the other side until golden brown.
5. Cut into desired shape and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment