About Me

I always enjoyed collecting recipes but never quite liked the idea of cooking on a daily basis. However things changed when my daughter was born 9 years ago. I was very keen on introducing her to healthy, wholesome yet delicious food. Thus began my journey to hunt and create recipes that were kid friendly.Having a hotel management degree did come quite handy. This collection of recipes will have absolutely minimal use of refined ingredients. I am constantly experimenting to substitute 'white' and processed products with wholegrain. I hope you will join me in this endeavor to ensure that our kids eat 'Healthy'.

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Paneer Methi Paratha


My daughter claims she does not like Paneer / Cottage cheese but the truth is she loves it's flavour. So as a mother it becomes my duty (among all the others) to make sure that none of these 'i don't like it' ingredients  are visible to her and get her to eat tons of it :-) . 
I tried this very simple recipe of stuffing paneer inside a methi paratha. Its actually a complete meal by itself. Carbs from the wholewheat flour, protein from the paneer and methi leaves add fibre to this paratha.  

Paneer Methi Paratha (Cottage Cheese & Fenugreek Paratha)

For Methi Paratha:
Wholewheat Flour: 1 cup
Methi Leaves: 3/4 cup
Salt to taste
Canola / Vegetable oil: 1 tsp
Water

For the stuffing:
Paneer: 1 cup crumbled
Onion: 1 finely chopped
Green chili: 1 finely chopped (optional)
Salt to taste

  • Mix all the ingredients for the methi paratha and knead well into a soft dough using sufficient water. The dough needs to be very elastic. Keep covered with a damp cloth for 20-30 mins.
  • Mix all the ingredients for the stuffing. 
  • Now roll out lemon size balls of the dough, place the stuffing in the centre and roll out the parathas. Cook them on both sides on a flat pan with a little oil. 
  • Serve with a curry / sauce of your choice. Its tasty on its own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment