About Me

I always enjoyed collecting recipes but never quite liked the idea of cooking on a daily basis. However things changed when my daughter was born 9 years ago. I was very keen on introducing her to healthy, wholesome yet delicious food. Thus began my journey to hunt and create recipes that were kid friendly.Having a hotel management degree did come quite handy. This collection of recipes will have absolutely minimal use of refined ingredients. I am constantly experimenting to substitute 'white' and processed products with wholegrain. I hope you will join me in this endeavor to ensure that our kids eat 'Healthy'.

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Banana Fritters


These big yellow bananas are also known as Kerala bananas and have a distinctive taste. They are easily found in any Kerala or south Indian store. These are a rich source of energy, potassium and iron and are dried and powdered and given as first food to babies. Ovie has had a fair share of this banana porridge.

Banana fritters are otherwise called Ethakya Appam or Pazham Pori in malayalam and are very popular among kids and adults. They are usually dipped in a batter of rice flour and refined flour but my version is obviously a healthier one. Although I am not a great fan of offering Ovie deep fried snacks, this one I just let go because this banana is just so nutritious.

Banana Fritters


Kerala Bananas: 2
Rice Flour: 1/2 cup (i used half & half of white & red rice flour)
Sesame seeds: 1 tbsp
Unrefined Sugar: 2 tsp
Water
Canola Oil: for deep frying

  • Make a thick batter with all the ingredients except bananas. 
  • Peel and cut the bananas into thin slices.
  • Heat oil for frying.
  • Dip the banana slice in the batter and coat it well. 
  • Reduce the temperature of the pan and deep fry the fritters until golden brown.
  • Drain and place on a tissue. 
  • Serve when still crisp


No comments:

Post a Comment