About Me

I always enjoyed collecting recipes but never quite liked the idea of cooking on a daily basis. However things changed when my daughter was born 9 years ago. I was very keen on introducing her to healthy, wholesome yet delicious food. Thus began my journey to hunt and create recipes that were kid friendly.Having a hotel management degree did come quite handy. This collection of recipes will have absolutely minimal use of refined ingredients. I am constantly experimenting to substitute 'white' and processed products with wholegrain. I hope you will join me in this endeavor to ensure that our kids eat 'Healthy'.

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Wholewheat Oats Banana Muffins


This wholewheat banana muffins with oats is sure to be a super hit with kids and the proof is the big smile on Ovie's face when she took a bite of it. Its soft and unbelievably  healthy that the entire family can indulge. I made just 4 muffins as I had halved a recipe. Next time I'm sure going to double it. These are not very sweet, so go ahead and dribble some honey or spread jam over it and enjoy! 

Wholewheat Oats Banana Muffins

Makes 4 medium size

Wholewheat Flour: 50 gms
Oats: 50 gms
Baking Powder: 1 1/4 tsp
Salt: 1/4 tsp

Egg: 1 small size
Vanilla: 1/4 tsp
Milk: 20ml
Oil: 15ml (Canola / Vegetable)
Sugar: 40gms (I used unrefined organic)
Mashed Banana: 1/2 cup (use very ripe bananas)


  • Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C or 350 F
  • Sift the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
  • In another bowl blend all the wet ingredients together (except the banana).
  • Now very slowly mix the dry and wet mixture together. Add the mashed bananas. (Do not over mix or else you will have very dense muffins).
  • Grease muffin tray or line them with paper cups. I used a silicon tray  - the muffins just slid off them. 
  • Scoop the mixture into the muffin trays 3/4th way up as they will rise. 
  • Decorate it with a banana slice, sprinkle some sliced nuts or oats on top.
  • Bake at 180 C for 13-15 mins until a toothpick comes out clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment